SCHEME OF STUDIES
The learning areas will include Two Languages (Core/Elective) out of
Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kashmiri, Kannada, Marathi, Malyalam, Manipuri, Oriya, Punjabi, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian, Limboo, Lepcha, Bhutia, Mizo, Tangkhul, Bodo, Nepali, Tibetan, French, German, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
• Out of the languages, one shall be English or Hindi, both English and Hindi can also be offered simultaneously.
• The languages may be offered either at Core/Elective level. The same language, however cannot be offered both at the Core level and Elective level.
• A candidate has the freedom to offer, in lieu of one of the two languages above, any other elective subject.
• English can be offered at any of the three levels given below:1.English Core2.English Elective NCERT3.English Elective CBSE
Three Electives out of the following:
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Engineering Graphics, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Fine Arts, Agriculture, Computer Science/Informatics Practices, Multimedia and Web Technology, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Physical Education, Music and Dance, Entrepreneurship, Fashion Studies, Creative Writing and Translation Studies, Heritage Crafts, Graphic Design, Mass Media Studies and Knowledge Traditions and Practices of India, Legal Studies, Human Rights and Gender Studies and National Cadet Corps.
VIII.Physical and Health Education
List of Subjects
List of Subjects
|| Code No.
|| English Elective NCERT
|| English Elective CBSE
|| English Core
|| Hindi - Foundation
|| Hindi - Optional
|| Engineering Graphics
|| Home Science
|| Computer Science
|| Informatics Practices
|| Multimedia and Web Technology
|| Business Studies
|| Political Science
|| Physical Education
|| Fine Arts
||31 to 36
||56 to 62
|| Mass Media Studies
|| Knowledge Traditions and Practices of India
|| Legal Studies
|| National Cadet Corps (N.C.C.)
||Language I :English or Hindi
|| Language II : Language other than Language I or an elective subject from Academic Electives in lieu of Language II
Sub -III, Sub- IV & Sub-V
||Two elective subject from Academic Electives and one vocational subject as prescribed under group 'A' (single vocational elective) or One elective subject from Academic Electives and Two vocational subjects as prescribed under Vocational Course of two papers or Three vocational subjects as prescribed under Vocational Course of three papers
Sub -VI -Additional Subject (optional)
||One language at elective level or an elective subject from Academic Electives or one vocational subject as prescribed under Vocational Course (of 2/3 papers) or any one subject from Vocational Electives under Group-A
Sub VII to VIII (Subjects of internal assessment)
||501-General Foundation Course 502-Physical and Health Education
1. Out of the languages, one shall be English or Hindi, both English and Hindi can also be offered simultaneously.
2. The same language can be offered only at one level i.e. Core/ Elective/ Functional.
3. The List of Vocational Courses available is attached. Subjects as prescribed under Vocational Courses are to be opted. However, Scheme of Studies may be referred.
4. Accountancy (055) and Financial Accounting (780) cannot be taken together
5. Physics (042) and Applied Physics (625) and General/ Radiation Physics(666) cannot be taken together
6. Biology (044) and Biology Opthalmic(657) cannot be taken together.
7. Informatics Practice (065) and Computer Science (083) cannot be taken with IT Tools (795) and Web Applications (796).
8. Business Studies (054) and Business Operations & Administrations (766) cannot be taken together.
9. Nail Technology & Retail (770), Arts & Science of Makeup & Retail (771) cannot be taken with Beauty & Hair (745) and Holistic Health (746).
10. Mass Media Studies (072) cannot be taken with Evolution and Forms of Mass Media (738) and Creative and Commercial Procedure in Mass Media (739).
11. Library & Information Science (079) cannot be taken with Library Information and Society (747) and Library Classification & Cataloging (748).
12. Fashion Studies (053) cannot be taken with Elements of Design & Fashion (774), Introduction to Fashion Industry (775) and Garment Construction (776).
13. Multimedia & Web Technology (067) cannot be taken with IT Tools (795) and Web Applications (796).
NOTE: The information taken from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) at cbse.nic.in, is represented here in a user-friendly way for convenience of students. User must refer CBSE for current status of information.