CBSE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme is to provide scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks/ grades and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII.
All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks / grades in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs.1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
Duration of scholarship and its renewal
The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e.successful completion of class XI. Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class.
Rate of Scholarships
The rate of scholarship shall be Rupees Five Hundred ( Rs.500/-) per month and shall be paid for a maximum period of two years. Payment will be made through demand drafts/ECS.
a) Student should have passed Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 6.2 CGPA or more.
b) Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools.
c) Student should be ONLY SINGLE GIRL CHILD of their parents.
d) Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notary as per prescribed format available on the
Board’s website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be accepted).
e) Application form should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Examination.
f) Tuition fee should not be more than ` 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.
CBSE REWARD SCHEME FOR MERITORIOUS STUDENTS
1. Objective – Scheme is to recognize and encourage meritorious students who have studied in Governments Schools affiliated with CBSE at least from Class IX to XII in the States/ UTs of (i) NCT of Delhi (ii) Sikkim (iii) Arunachal Pradesh (iv) Andaman & Nicobar Islands (v) Chandigarh (vi) Chhattisgarh and passed Class XII Examination of CBSE from 2013 onwards.
2. Name of Scholarship – CBSE Reward for Meritorious Students.
3. Year of Inception – 2013 Examination.
4. Number of reward – 400
5. Amount of reward – Cash reward of Rs. 1 lakh to each student.
6. Eligibility – Indian citizens who have studied from Class IX to XII in a Government School affiliated to CBSE and run by State Government/ Union Territory and stood in merit of eligible students in Class XII Examination.
7. Criteria for reward – The rewards shall be given in order of merit in Class XII in each stream with equal distribution of 25% each in Science, Commerce,Humanities and Vocational. In case of non availability of candidates in one category, awards will be distributed in other categories. In case of a tie, girls shall be given preference. Thereafter, candidate, senior in age shall be preferred.
8. Reservation for SC/ ST/ PWD – As per Govt. of India Rules. Category of the student will be determined as per records submitted at the time of registration in Class IX and XI Examination form submitted to the Board. No change shall be accepted thereafter.
9. Relaxation – SC/ ST candidates, 5% below the cut off marks for unreserved category. Physically challenged students, further 5% below the cut off marks for SC/ST category.
10. Mode of payment – Direct credit into the Bank Account of the student linked with Aadhar number.
11. Selection procedure – A category/ stream wise merit list of top 400 eligible students having studied from Class IX to XII in Govt. Schools affiliated with CBSE will be prepared and published on CBSE’s website.
12. Resolution of disputes – In case of any dispute, the decision of Chairman of CBSE shall be final.
NOTE: The information taken from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) at cbse.nic.in, is represented here in a user-friendly way for convenience of students. User must refer CBSE for current status of information.