Uniform System of Assessment from Academic year 2017-2018
The uniformity in the System of Assessment and Examination For Class IX And X in all CBSE affiliated School has been implemented on the Restoration of Board Examination For Class X From Academic year 2017-18 onwards.
Evaluation of Scholastic areas: Each term will have two Formative assessments and one Summative assessment for evaluation of Scholastic areas. The Weightage of Formative Assessment (FA) and Summative Assessment (SA) shall be as follows: weightage of each Formative Assessment shall be 20% and that of Summative Assessment shall be 60%.
The Assessment Structure and Examination For Class VI have been prepared comprises of Two Terms i.e. Term -1 and Term-2
Formative assessment is not restricted to only a paper-pencil test but there are other means of testing such as through quizzes, conversations, interviews, oral testing, visual testing, projects, practicals and assignments. It is advised that the Schools may conduct more than two such assessments and take the best two out of those.
The Summative assessment is the terminal assessment of performance at the end of instruction. Under the end term Summative assessment, the students will be tested internally based on the following criteria:-
• Curriculum and Syllabus for the Classes
• The Summative assessment will be in the form of a pen-paper test conducted by the schools themselves. It will be conducted at the end of each term.
• In order to ensure standardisation, question papers has to generated to ensure uniformity.
• Schools will give flexible timing to the students during end term Summative assessment.
• Evaluation of answer scripts will be done by the school Teachers themselves on the basis of the Marking Scheme provided by the CBSE.
• There will be random verification of the assessments procedures carried on by schools by the CBSE officials/nominees appointed by the CBSE.
In addition to the Scholastic areas, co-scholastic areas skills will also be evaluated, like;
Life Skills; Attitudes & Values; Participation & Achievement in activities involving Literary & Creative Skills, Scientific Skills, Aesthetic Skills and Performing Arts & Clubs; and Health & Physical Education .
The activities under Co-Scholastic areas and evaluation there of are also as per the CCE guidelines .
Co Curricular Activities in the following Areas be carried out in CBSE Affiliated School and will Be Graded term-Wise on a 3- point grading Scale
B= Very Good
C = Fail
Aspect of Regularity ,Sincere Participation, Output and Teamwork be the generic criteria for Grading
NOTE: The information taken from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) at cbse.nic.in, is represented here in a user-friendly way for convenience of students. User must refer CBSE for current status of information.