ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES
Admission: General Conditions
• A student seeking admission to any class in a 'School' will be eligible for admission to that class only if she: -
(i) has been studying in a school recognised by or affiliated to this Board or any other recognised Board of Secondary Education in India;
(ii)has passed qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination making her eligible for admission to that class;
(iii) satisfies the requirements of age limits (minimum and maximum) as determined by the State/Union Territory Government and applicable to the place where the school is located.
• School Leaving Certificate/transfer certificate signed by the Head of the School last attended and countersigned;
• Document(s) in support of her having passed the qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination.
For the purposes of admission to elementary education, the age of a child shall be determined on the basis of the birth certificate issued in accordance with the provisions of the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act, 1886 or on the basis of such other document, as may be prescribed, as stipulated in section 14(1) of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
Admission to Class XI
Admission to class XI in a school shall be open only to such a student who has:
• Obtained minimum Grade D in at least five subjects of external examination (excluding the 6th additional subject) as per the Scheme of Studies and a Qualifying Certificate/ Grade Sheet cum Certificate of Performance at the Secondary School (Class X) Examination conducted by this Board/ School affiliated to XVIIIthis Board.
• Has passed an equivalent examination conducted by any other recognised Board of Secondary Education/Indian University and recognised by this Board as equivalent to its secondary school examination.
Notwithstanding anything contained in the rules above, Chairmanof CBSE shall have the powers to permit admission in Class XI in respect of such students who have opted for not appearing for the Secondary School examination conducted by the Board but changing school after passing the Secondary School examination conducted by a school affiliated to the Board on grounds of shifting of family from one place to another, transfer of parent(s), for better academic performance or on medical grounds, etc., to avoid undue hardship to the candidate(s).
NOTE: The information taken from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) at cbse.nic.in, is represented here in a user-friendly way for convenience of students. User must refer CBSE for current status of information.