The curriculum include seven major learning areas;
Languages, Humanities, Mathematics, Sciences, Commerce, Health and Physical Education, Visual arts, Performing arts.
Contemporary subjects introduced are Entrepreneurship, Biotechnology, Fashion Studies, Creative Writing and Translation Studies, Mass Media Studies and Knowledge Traditions and Practices of India.
Apart from the required core and elective courses, optional courses relevant to specific curriculum areas are also available in consideration of changing individual, societal and global requirements and demands.
These seven learning areas are to be integrated with each other in terms of knowledge, skills (life and livelihood), comprehension, values and attitudes. The education should help learner to connect the content of their learning areas and subjects with their own lives and the world
Major Contents of each Curriculum Learning Area in Senior Secondary Classes
1.Languages include Hindi, English, another 31 languages and focuses on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, along with developing effective communicating proficiencies.
2. Humanities (Geography, History, Economics, Home Science, Sociology, Fine Arts, Political Science, Fashion Studies, Creative Writing and translation Studies and related subjects) include the learning of history and culture, geographical environment, global institutions, human nature and social compatibility, constitutional values and norms, politics, economy, interpersonal and societal interactions, civic responsibilities, and the incorporation of the above-mentioned learning into one's life.
3. Performing and Visual Arts (Dance, Drama, Music, Heritage Crafts, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Sculpture and related subjects) includes music, instruction in these arts, aiming to help learners cultivate an interest and appreciation for arts and encourage them to enthusiastically participate in related activities, thus promoting abilities such as imagination, creativity, value arts, and the cultural heritage.
4. Science and Technology (Subjects related to Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ICT, Information Practices and Web and Multimedia Studies) include gaining knowledge about matter and energy, nature, the environment, technology, breakthroughs in science. It will focus on knowledge and skills to develop scientific attitude, use and application of such knowledge and skills to improve the quality of life and further use this learning to analyse, evaluate, synthesise, create, invent and discover.
5. Mathematics includes acquiring the concepts related to number sense, operation sense, computation, measurement, geometry, probability and statistics, the skill to calculate and organize, and the ability to apply this knowledge and acquired skills in their daily life. It also includes understanding of the XIII principles of reasoning and problem solving.
6. Commerce (Business Studies, Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Economics and related subjects)includes gaining understanding about core business disciplines like the exchange of items of value orproducts between persons or companies and any such exchange of money for a product, service, or
information is considered a deal of commerce.
7. Health and Physical Education focuses on the learning for holistic development like mental and physical. Understanding the importance of physical fitness, health, well-being and the factors that contribute to them. Focus of this curriculum is on helping learners develop a positive attitude and
commitment to lifelong healthy active living and the capacity to live satisfying, productive lives with the help of proper health management, sports, fitness and lifestyle choices.
NOTE: The information taken from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) at cbse.nic.in, is represented here in a user-friendly way for convenience of students. User must refer CBSE for current status of information.