- Goats were one of the first animals to be tamed by humans and were
being herded 9,000 years ago.
- They are a member of the cattle family and are believed to be descended
from the wild goat, bezoar.
- There are over 210 breeds of goats.
- A goat's tail turns up while a sheep's tail turns down.
- Goats are ruminants or cud chewing animals that eat cracked or ground
corn mixed with oats, hay and grass
- Goats don't have any upper front teeth.
- Both male and female goats can have beards.
- They are raised for milk, flesh, hair and wool, skins, and, in certain
areas, to control scrub growth.
- Goat meat is called Chevon or Cabrito and is a red meat that is lower
- Goat's milk is easily digested and has greater protein and fat content
than that of cows.
- Goats generally live 10 to 12 years.
- Goats are great swimmers.
- Goats have rectangular eyes - this allows them to see very well in