More About Chicken
- A chicken will lay bigger and stronger eggs if you change the lighting
in such a way as to make them think a day is 28 hours long!
- The chicken can travel up to 9 miles per hour.
- The largest chicken egg on record was nearly 12 oz., measuring 12
- The greatest number of yolks in one chicken egg is nine.
- The record for laying the most eggs: seven in one day.
- There are more chickens in the world than any other domesticated
bird. More than one chicken for every human on the face of this earth.
- The longest distance flown by any chicken is 301 1/2 feet. (as the
- Some breeds of chickens can lay colored eggs. Sure enough, the Ameraucana
and Araucana canlay eggs colored in shades of green or blue, depending
on the breed and it's ancestry.
- Chickens and turkeys are known to cross-breed, these breeds are known
- The term 'Chicken Pox' didn't come from people believing that they
came from chickens, it came from the Old English term 'gican pox' -
which means the itching pox.
- There are approximately 450 million chickens in the United States.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Chickens make sounds with actual meaning. They give different alarm
calls when threatened by different predators.
- The waste produced by one chicken in its lifetime can supply enough
electricity to run a 100 watt bulb for five hours.