Held By: Union Public Service Commission
Commission’s Website: upsc.gov.in
Exam Name: COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION
A Combined Defence Services Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 19th November, 2017 for admission to the under mentioned courses,The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under :—
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 100 Vacancies [Including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]
145th Course commencing in July, 2018 .
2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala— 45 Vacancies [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)]
Course commencing in July, 2018 Executive (General Service) .
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad(Pre-Flying) — 32 Vacancies
Training Course commencing in August, 2018 i.e. No. 204 F(P) Course.
4. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai— 225 Vacancies (including 50
vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders for NCC Spl. Entry)
108th SSC Course (NT) (For Men) commencing in October, 2018.
5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai— 12 Vacancies
22nd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2018. .
Pay Scale of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy
(a) Rank Pay Band (Rs.)
Lt to Major 15,600—39,100/- (PB-3)
Lt Col to Maj Gen 37,400—67,000/- (PB-4)
Lt Gen HAG Scale 67,000/- (annual increment @ 3%)—79,000/-
HAG + Scale* 75,500/- (annual increment @ 3%)—80,000/-
(*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt. Gens.)
VCOAS/Army 80,000/- (fixed)
Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)
COAS 90,000/- (fixed)
(b) In addition to Pay, Grade Pay will also be given as under :
Lt Rs. 5,400/-
Capt Rs. 6,100/-
Maj Rs. 6,600/-
Lt Col Rs. 8,000/-
Col Rs. 8,700/-
Brig Rs. 8,900/-
Maj Gen Rs. 10,000/-
(c) A fixed sum of Rs. 6,000/- p.m. is also payable as Military Service Pay (MSP)
to the officers from the rank of Lt. to Brig.
(d)Stipend during training at Service Academies: Fixed Stipend Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs. 15,600/- as Pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) for the entire duration of training. “The Stipend will be converted to pay for all purposes on successful completion of training and the allowance admissible will be paid.”
* Please note that the figures below are in the 6th Central Pay Commission scales and are under revision as per latest orders promulgated by the Government of India consequent to implementation of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission for pay and allowances
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
To view the notification click the following link
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
The Online Applications can be filled upto 08th September, 2017 till 6:00 PM.