ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES
A student seeking admission to any class in a 'School' will be eligible for admission to that class only if she:
• has been studying in a school recognised by or affiliated to this Board or any other recognised Board of Secondary Education in India;
• has passed qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination making her eligible for admission to that class;
• satisfies the requirements of age limits (minimum and maximum) as determined by the State/ Union Territory Government and applicable to the place where the School is located;
• produces :-
(a) the School Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate signed by the Head of the School last attended and countersigned ;
(b) document(s) in support of her having passed the qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination, and
(c) For the purposes of admission to elementary education, the age of a child shall be determined on the basis of the birth certificate issued in accordance with the provisions of the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration. Act, 1886 or on the basis of such other document, as may be prescribed, as stipulated in section 14(1) of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
(d) No child shall be denied admission in a school for lack of age proof, as stipulated in section 14(2) of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
ADMISSION: SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Admissions up to class VIII (i.e., class VIII and below) shall be regulated by the rules, regulations, and orders of the State/Union Territory Governments applicable to the place where the school is located.
• Every child completing her elementary education shall be awarded a certificate, in such form and in such manner, as may be prescribed by the respective school(s) as stipulated in Section 30(2) of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
NOTE: The information taken from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) at cbse.nic.in, is represented here in a user-friendly way for convenience of students. User must refer CBSE for current status of information.