ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES
A student seeking admission to any class in a 'School' will be eligible for admission to that class only if she:
• has been studying in a school recognised by or affiliated to this Board or any other recognised Board of Secondary Education in India;
• has passed qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination making her eligible for admission to that class;
• satisfies the requirements of age limits (minimum and maximum) as determined by the State/ Union Territory Government and applicable to the place where the School is located;
• produces :-
(a) the School Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate signed by the Head of the School last attended and countersigned ;
(b) document(s) in support of her having passed the qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination, and
(c) For the purposes of admission to elementary education, the age of a child shall be determined on the basis of the birth certificate issued in accordance with the provisions of the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration. Act, 1886 or on the basis of such other document, as may be prescribed, as stipulated in section 14(1) of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
(d) No child shall be denied admission in a school for lack of age proof, as stipulated in section 14(2) of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
ADMISSION: SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Admission to class IX in a school shall be open only to such a student who has passed class VIII examination from an institution affiliated to this Board or to any recognised Board or is recognised by the Education Department of the Government of the State/Union Territory in which such an institution is located.
• ADMISSION TO CLASS X As the syllabus prescribed at Secondary level is of two years integrated course, no admission shall be taken in class X directly. Provided further that admission to class X in a school shall be open only to such a student who:
(a) has completed a regular course of study for class IX from an institution affiliated to this Board;
(b) has completed a regular course of study for class IX and has obtained minimum Grade D in the five subjects (excluding the 6th additional subject) under Scholastic Area A as well as grades in subjects under Scholastic Area B under the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation scheme in class IX examination conducted by an institution affiliated to this Board and migrating from/within one city/ State to another only on the transfer of the parent(s) or shifting of their families from one place to another, after procuring from the student the Report Book/Grade Sheet and the Transfer Certificate;
(c) has completed a regular course of study for class IX and has passed class IX examination from an institution recognized by/affiliated to any recognized Board in India can be admitted to a school affiliated to this Board only on the transfer of the parent(s) or shifting of their families from one place to another, after procuring from the student the Grade Sheet and the Transfer Certificate duly countersigned by the Educational Authorities of the Board concerned.
Notwithstanding anything contained in the rules above, Board shall have the powers to allow change of school for better academic performance, medical reasons, etc., to avoid undue hardship to the candidate(s).In case of all such admissions the schools would obtain post facto approval of the Board within one month of admission of the student.
• If a student applying for admission to a school has attended any other school, an authenticated copy of the Transfer Certificate from her last school must be produced .
• A student shall not be admitted into a class higher than that for which she is entitled according to the Transfer Certificate.
• A student shall not be allowed to migrate from one "School" to another during the session after her name has been sent up for the Secondary School (class X) Examination conducted by the Board.
• A student leaving her school at the end of a session or who is permitted to leave her school during the session on account of migration from one city/State to another on the transfer of the parent(s) or shifting of their families from one place to another or parents' request, especially in classes IX/X, as the case may be, shall on payment of all dues, receive an authenticated copy of the Transfer Certificate up to date.
• In case a student from an institution not affiliated to the Board seeks admission in a school affiliated to the Board, such a student shall produce a transfer certificate duly countersigned by an authority as indicated in the format given in Examination Byelaws.
NOTE: The information taken from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) at cbse.nic.in, is represented here in a user-friendly way for convenience of students. User must refer CBSE for current status of information.